From: Jan Hidders <jan.hidders_at_REMOVETHIS.pandora.be>
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2005 19:14:25 GMT

Alexandr Savinov wrote:

> Yet, I agree that FDM queries are still different from purely
> declarative queries. But this difference is rather subtle and difficult
> to explain.

Just to avoid a few misunderstandings here. The fact that DAPLEX is essentially (i.e. can be with some minor syntactical changes thought of as) a declarative language is a well-known and widely accepted fact in the field of database theory. One would actually have to pretty ignorant on the literature on this to think otherwise ,and I haven't met any reputable researcher that disagrees with this. Not that I believe you should accept this on an 'argument by authority', you can check the literature yourself, but it's always useful to know what the consensus in the scientific community is.