From: Alfredo Novoa <alfredo_novoa_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2005 16:13:17 +0200

On Tue, 21 Jun 2005 13:22:01 +0200, Alexandr Savinov <savinov_at_host.com> wrote:

>for each s in employee
> print(getName(s), getAge(s),
>getName(getBuilding(getDepartment(s))))
>
>also does not have any indication about order in which elements will be
>processed and there is no iterator in it (you add it when you manually
>compiled it).

The documentation uses the words "loop" and "iteration" all the time.

>Yet, I agree that FDM queries are still different from purely
>declarative queries.

Declarative is not the contrary of imperative, it is the contrary of procedural, and Daplex is very procedural besides imperative.

Here is an instance of 100% imperative code:

delete u in undergrad such that year(u) = 4;

> But this difference is rather subtle and difficult
>to explain. May be it is the use of print keyword or possible
>intermediate operations. Another question if such an approach is
>usefull. I consider it very attractive and rather useful.

I consider it utterly primitive, obsolete and regressive. A complete waste of time.

Regards Received on Tue Jun 21 2005 - 09:13:17 CDT