From: VC <boston103_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2005 23:00:01 -0400

"Jan Hidders" <jan.hidders_at_REMOVETHIS.pandora.be> wrote in message news:Enjse.122609$fj1.6979675_at_phobos.telenet-ops.be... [..]
> Yes, you also seem to have added a little frame logic (e.g. see F-logic)
> and concept lattices into the mix. Both are well-known and useful theories
[...]

Aha, that's what it is, 'concept lattices', huh ? The one where the world is modelled with 'objects', their 'attributes' and a binary relation between them ?
I wonder why Alexandr Savinov was reluctand to describe his data model if
that's what it is. A formal description takes just a couple of lines. I am not sure about the word 'useful', though. As far as I remember, Godin showed that lattice based queries fared no better that equivalent Boolean ones for information retrieval. Also, the only tool I am aware of (Toscan ?) allowed sort of manual navigation on the lattice but had no query functionality.

vc Received on Fri Jun 17 2005 - 05:00:01 CEST

Original text of this message