Re: Why spurious tuples with fifth normal form?

From: <stowellt_at_gmail.com>
Date: 16 Jun 2005 08:17:30 -0700

Thank you for the information, I really appreciate you taking the time to explain. I can now be confident that leaving everything in the one table is correct :) Out of curiousity, I have seen data sets where there is a join dependency due to a cyclic constraint, but I'm not sure what exactly constitutes a cyclic constraint. I thought my dataset had one, but apparently not. How does one go about determining a cyclic constraint? I apologize for all the questions, but it's the only way I learn and I find it very interesting. Thanks again. Received on Thu Jun 16 2005 - 10:17:30 CDT