ANNOUNCE: Andromeda Data Dictionary File Format

From: Kenneth Downs <knode.wants.this_at_see.sigblock>
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2005 22:40:37 -0400

As part of our ongoing plans to release our Andromeda application tool to the general public under the GPL, we have published our specification for the file format:

http://www.secdat.com/dev/androspec.html

It is a declarative syntax for describing both structure, keys, constraints, and automation. It also allows for the specification of data that is required by the UI, making it possible to drive sophisticated code generators, database builders, and run-time libraries from a single authoritative application description.

Many thanks go to this group, who through both encouragement and debate have sharpened the ideas that went into the specification.

Other announcements will follow.

--
Kenneth Downs
Secure Data Software, Inc.