Re: Data Constraints Vs Application Constraints

From: Kenneth Downs <knode.wants.this_at_see.sigblock>
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2005 12:36:10 -0500

Leandro Guimarăes Faria Corsetti Dutra wrote:

> So an incompetent developer has the ear of the business to
> make them pay more for slower, lower-quality apps than they should,
> and is ignorant and arrogant to boot.
>
> What else have you proved than that capitalism without
> education and morals is no good?

proved or observed? It's easy to observe because it happens all of the time.

<sarcasm>
It's one thing to know the right thing to do, it's quite another to persuade those dull-witted and often erroneous fellow humans that our god-like intelligence and wisdom should rule the day. It's especially bad when they don't even *KNOW* how god-like we are, and they seem to think their own ideas have merit! And to claim that just because their company is profitable and big they must know something, how can it be, when we perfect book-smart nerds have yet to weigh in! The nerve! </sarcasm>

Seriously, getting them to like to do the right thing, now that's art.

--
Kenneth Downs
Secure Data Software, Inc.