Re: Data Constraints Vs Application Constraints

From: Leandro Guimar„es Faria Corsetti Dutra <leandro_at_dutra.fastmail.fm>
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2005 13:13:32 -0300

Em Sat, 12 Mar 2005 22:49:44 -0800, lauri.pietarinen escreveu:

> I must confess that I am not very familiar with the "deferred
> constraints" of Oracle.

        Not just Oracle, it is standard ISO SQL functionality AFAICS. I was actually puzzled to learn that PostgreSQL, which is usually quite good at standards compliance and general sanity, has by default immediate constraints. That, and autocommit and lack of updateable views.

--
Leandro Guimar√£es Faria Corcete Dutra <leandro_at_dutra.fastmail.fm>
Maring√°, PR, BRASIL                            +55 (44) 3025 6253