Re: "thou shalt not conflate meta-data with data"

From: Neo <neo55592_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 3 Mar 2005 15:38:07 -0800

> Please read my previous post. If I know the context, I can easily
distinguish data from metadata. If I don't know the context, I can't.

That context is "data that imposes some condition (structure, constraints, significance, etc) upon other data" which is similar to your statement "the derivation rule and the constraint are metadata" which is also similar to Paul's alternative "meta-data is data about the representation of data". Can you refinement it? Received on Fri Mar 04 2005 - 00:38:07 CET

Original text of this message