Re: User Defined Fields - HELP PLEASE!

From: John <no_at_email>
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2005 15:58:02 +0000

-CELKO- wrote:

> 6) "Delay is the deathly form of denial." -- C. N. Parkinson. If you
> don't understand that, I will expalin it ... later.

Nice quotation but ...

<pedantry>

   I think this should be: "Delay is the deadliest form of denial." </pedantry>

I only noticed this because it is a very relevant quotation for me at the moment and I wanted to find out more about it.

<details>

   This is referring to the tactic of simply deferring decisions until   the requestor tires of the game and gives up. But it can also be applied to one simply refusing to accept or recognise a situation that demands action. We hear of people being "in denial". It simply means refusing to accept a situation. And any action is preceded by a decision, or ought to be. You can read in Exodus 8:9-10 where Pharaoh used the delay tactic with Moses.

Elijah got frustrated with the people of Israel because they would not make up their minds to follow God.

1 Kings 18:21

And Elijah came to all the people and said, How long will you falter between two opinions? If the Lord is God, follow Him; but if Baal, then follow him.

</details>

John Received on Thu Feb 17 2005 - 16:58:02 CET

Original text of this message