Re: So let me get this right: (Was: NFNF vs 1NF ...)

From: David Cressey <david.cressey_at_earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2005 15:38:22 GMT

"DBMS_Plumber" <paul_geoffrey_brown_at_yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1108423769.730356.319030_at_g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...

> On the other hand there are those who wonder if the entire, rotting
> edifice of modern software development, with all of its many and varied
> and poorly understood APIs might possibly be replaced with a simpler,
> more productive framework.

There are two words from Codd's original paper that might be relevant in this context.

"data sublanguage"

I believe those two words were chosen very carefully.

There are those who believe that API's meet the need for a data sublanguage. Count me out. Received on Thu Feb 17 2005 - 16:38:22 CET

Original text of this message