Re: Views for demoralizing

From: Jonathan Leffler <jleffler_at_earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2005 09:14:33 GMT

Mikito Harakiri wrote:
> "Jonathan Leffler" <jleffler_at_earthlink.net> wrote:

>> This is an intriguing comment, so I lobbed it to Fabian Pascal,
>> and he asked me to follow up for him...

> What is all this? Apparently the idea of posting to this group
> himself seems too dishonorable for Mr.Pascal. If anything is worth
> ridiculing in the DBMS_Plumber style, it's the way those folks
> communicate with the rest of the world.

Yeah - I wasn't desparately impressed by him not doing his own follow-up, but one-off and with a clear statement that I was merely echoing, I decided (for better or worse) to do it.

I've had a chat with Dawn (one message each way) following up, and this was something I touched on with her, too.

I assume the problem was in setting up a junkable email address.

I originally responded to Mikito off-line, but got a bounce:

A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed:

   mikharakiri_at_iahu.com

     SMTP error from remote mailer after end of data:
     host mxvm1.mail.yahoo.com [67.28.113.14]: 554 delivery error:
     dd This user doesn't have a iahu.com account
(mikharakiri_at_iahu.com) [0] - mta101.pa.mail.re2.yahoo.com
Email: jleffler_at_earthlink.net, jleffler_at_us.ibm.com

PS: I'm British - we specialize in hypobole (understatement).