Re: Can we solve this -- NFNF and non-1NF at Loggerheads

From: Alan <alan_at_erols.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2005 10:38:05 -0500

"Alfredo Novoa" <alfredo_novoa_at_hotmail.com> wrote in message news:qb9k01df1npn16brpptnbjst2o874aract_at_4ax.com...
> On Wed, 9 Feb 2005 08:56:05 -0500, "Alan" <alan_at_erols.com> wrote:
>
> >I see. You were a friend of Codd's and he discussed the _real_ meaning of
> >what he wrote with you.
>
> Probably not, but Date was a good friend of Codd and they discussed a
> lot about the real meaning of the Relational Model. Date says exactly
> the same as Roy.
>
> > How fortunate you are to have this exclusive
> >insight! Or, I see. Everyone else is confused, and you are not.
>
> You are in clear minority in this group.
>
> > A book now
> >in the 4th edition, reviewed by the authors and editors, and accepted by
> >clear majority are incorrect and you are correct. PhD Professors in
> >universities who use this book are confused and you are not.
>
> That is not surprising.
>
> There are a lot better books that are in contradiction with
> Elmasri/Navathe's one.
>
> That is not a very good book.
>
> Do you know this BTW?
>
> http://www.fallacyfiles.org/authorit.html
>

> Regards

I don't know. I cite sources, and you repeatedly cite opinion and apocryphal information even after being asked to cite sources. I am well-employed in the field, and have created successful and award-winning projects. I have no idea what you do. I know what I know is correct, and I don't need to try to convice a fool that he is wrong. I give up. You can happily enjoy your delusions without further disgreement from me. Received on Wed Feb 09 2005 - 16:38:05 CET

Original text of this message