Re: Can we solve this -- NFNF and non-1NF at Loggerheads

From: Alfredo Novoa <alfredo_novoa_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 09 Feb 2005 16:09:57 +0100

On Wed, 9 Feb 2005 08:56:05 -0500, "Alan" <alan_at_erols.com> wrote:

>I see. You were a friend of Codd's and he discussed the _real_ meaning of
>what he wrote with you.

Probably not, but Date was a good friend of Codd and they discussed a lot about the real meaning of the Relational Model. Date says exactly the same as Roy.

> How fortunate you are to have this exclusive
>insight! Or, I see. Everyone else is confused, and you are not.

You are in clear minority in this group.

> A book now
>in the 4th edition, reviewed by the authors and editors, and accepted by a
>clear majority are incorrect and you are correct. PhD Professors in
>universities who use this book are confused and you are not.

That is not surprising.

There are a lot better books that are in contradiction with Elmasri/Navathe's one.

That is not a very good book.

Do you know this BTW?

http://www.fallacyfiles.org/authorit.html

Regards Received on Wed Feb 09 2005 - 16:09:57 CET

Original text of this message