Re: Relation-valued attributes (again)

From: Neo <neo55592_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 8 Feb 2005 21:55:03 -0800

I think I misunderstood your post. Do you have a function name Op that takes an integer as a parameter and returns a table whose first column is named Data and is of type string? And then are you trying to join the function's output with TableT based on it primary key named ID? Something doesn't make sense here as the join is on two different data types. Are you trying to select records in TableT based on one or more tables. Is the problem arising due to the inability to reference tables themselves in a manner similar to rows of a table? If you could describe the problem in simpler terms with sample data and what the final goal is, I might be able to enjoy your problem also :)

table y = function_Op(int x)

TableT
ID

--