Re: Charades

From: Tom Ivar Helbekkmo <tih+nr_at_eunetnorge.no>
Date: Sat, 05 Feb 2005 18:44:31 +0100

DA Morgan wrote (to Dan):

> And further the mistake was yours in not properly reading the thread
> and realizing that I had posted the correct answer. So get off your
> treadmill and just acknowledge that you made a very small mistake.

Actually, YOU made the "small mistake". Actually, TWO small mistakes. First, you thought Alan was disagreeing with you when he was actually supporting your position, and now you seem to think that it was Dan, not Alan, who wrote what you misunderstood.

Here's the sequence of events, in order:

Fred Z asked:

> Can someone define "flatten database" for me, in 100 words or less

DA Morgan answered:

> Denormalize.

Dawn countered:

DA Morgan, misunderstanding, wrote:

> Which part of reading comprehension did you miss? ;-)
>
> My one word response was "Denormalize." You will find up up just
> under the signature "Fred Z."
>
> So I'm not sure what it is you are responding to. And given that I
> teach the subject here at the university I think I have at least
> a basic knowledge thereof.

See? He was responding to Dawn, who in turn was disagreeing with you.

-tih

--
Tom Ivar Helbekkmo, Senior System Administrator, EUnet Norway Hosting
www.eunet.no  T +47-22092958 M +47-93013940 F +47-22092901 FWD 484145