Re: Charades [Was: RE: Define "flatten database" ?]

From: Paul <paul_at_test.com>
Date: Tue, 01 Feb 2005 13:30:30 +0000

Dawn M. Wolthuis wrote:

>>>Some other trolls include Dawn, Neo etc who have nothing meaningful in
>>>their lives, with only an axe to grind. Gone are the days when people
>>>with a brain contributed to this group.
>>
>>Geez..harsh, but to the point! Bob's advice sometime back about
>>maintaining a twit filter w/ huge killfile list was helpful.

> I'm not a troll, I have meaning in my life outside of this group, I have no
> axe to grind, and I think I have made some good contributions to cdt over
> the past year or so. But perhaps I should take the advice not to argue with
> a fool, eh?

I don't see you as a troll, even though I'm a definite relational fan. I think it's good to have somone who can challenge fundamental assumptions and force us to carefully think about our beliefs.

Ultimately there's no right or wrong way to model business data - I think that doing it as first-order predicates, relational-style, is the most elegant and productive way, but others may disagree, and that's fine. If we all agreed on everything 100% this newsgroup would be pretty pointless!

As for Neo, maybe he has something there, maybe not, but I think basically there's a communication barrier where his complicated examples leave everyone without a clue what he's going on about.

Paul. Received on Tue Feb 01 2005 - 14:30:30 CET

Original text of this message