Re: Crystal reports problem

From: Mani <msharma117_at_gmail.com>
Date: 27 Dec 2004 00:14:03 -0800

This behavior occurs if the DSN name includes preceding or trailing spaces. In Crystal Decisions products before version 9, the crystal print engine would try connecting to the DSN name attached to the report and if the connection failed the print engine would try trimming the DSN name attached to the report and connect using the trimmed DSN name.

In version 9 of Crystal Decisions products, if the initial attempt to connect to the DSN fails, the print engine does not trim the DSN name and try again. If the DSN name has preceding or trailing spaces, the behavior described above occurs.

To change the DSN name so that it does not include preceding or trailing spaces, complete the following steps:

  1. Open the ODBC administrator. On a Microsoft Windows 2000 operating system you can open it by going to 'Start' > 'Settings' > 'Control Panel' > 'Administrative Tools' > 'Data Sources (ODBC)'.
  2. Click the 'System DSN' tab.
  3. Select the report's DSN name and click 'Configure'.
  4. In the 'Name' field, delete any preceding or trailing spaces.
  5. Click 'Next' through all the dialog boxes until you reach a dialog box with a 'Finish' button.
  6. Click 'Finish' and then click 'Test Data Source'. The test should be successful.
  7. Click 'OK' on all remaining dialog boxes to complete the change.

Now you can successfully schedule the report or view it on demand.

For more info goto
http://support.businessobjects.com/library/kbase/articles/c2013364.asp.

I hope this helps!
GOOD LUCK