Re: Pearson-r in SQL

From: Alan <not.me_at_rcn.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Dec 2004 21:20:35 -0500

> It is not valuable information at all.

Not necessarily. It may be that knowing that something does not correlate is important. It is certainly information. Is it important information? I don't know. Sometimes it is and sometimes it isn't. To some degree, it depends on what "null" means in the given context. That is why I suggested reporting on the uncorrelated points separately (only if this information is important). The point is, a "no correlation" condition may or may not be important. We just don't know.

This still does not answer Joe's question, which was, in essence, "How is this problem normally handled in reference to the particular function Pearson's -R?" Received on Sat Dec 25 2004 - 03:20:35 CET

Original text of this message