Re: tracking shipments, inventory

From: Jeme <jeme.rey_at_gmail.com>
Date: 23 Dec 2004 21:27:01 -0800

Thank you for that suggestion.... the reason I don't do that is because the loctype agttribute you suggest is an integer with conceptual baggage -- it has some implied meaning that must be enforced with all kinds of rules and logic and so forth. Sorry I don't have the terminology down, I've never studied formal theory but to me the design you suggest is only going to cause more complexity. I breakout the tables as a way of specifying the type of shipment and thereby enforcing integrity. (see my response to CELKO above) Received on Fri Dec 24 2004 - 06:27:01 CET

Original text of this message