Re: 1GB Tables as Classes, or Tables as Types, and all that refuted

From: erk <eric.kaun_at_pnc.com>
Date: 9 Dec 2004 11:10:48 -0800

I'd say Luca Cardelli, Kim Bruce, Benjamin Pierce, and Ian Joyner are far more "serious." Fowler is good at some practical applications of O-O, but he doesn't address fundamentals like variables vs. values vs. objects, which are critical. But for some good design ideas focused on reuse, his ideas are sound.

And I still think that fundamental variable/value confusion is responsible for much needless coupling, implementation exposure, aliasing problems, etc. I've seen it, and the problems can be both severe and subtle. Received on Thu Dec 09 2004 - 13:10:48 CST