Re: 1GB Tables as Classes, or Tables as Types, and all that refuted

From: Alfredo Novoa <alfredo_at_ncs.es>
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2004 13:45:10 +0100

On Wed, 1 Dec 2004 17:38:30 +0100, "Rene de Visser" <Rene_de_Visser_at_hotmail.de> wrote:

>I am also wondering if there is some important difference between domain and
>type that I am missing?

They are often used as synonyms, but according to the dictionaries a domain is a set of values and a type is a set of values and a set of associated operators. Then we could use the "domain" term to refer to the set of values of a type.

Regards Received on Wed Dec 08 2004 - 13:45:10 CET

Original text of this message