Re: What kind of structure should i use to read a freedb txt file with pascal?

From: Gene Wirchenko <genew_at_mail.ocis.net>
Date: Tue, 07 Dec 2004 17:13:53 -0800

marcelf3_at_yahoo.com wrote:

>Hello, here is the problem:
>
>I have to develop a DOS program in PASCAL with FREEPASCAL that reads a
>small txt freedb (musics data) database (47 MB) by loading it all to
>the memory. It is a final work of a course i am attending in college
>called "Data Structure and Algorithms" ("Estrutura de Dados e
>Algoritmos" in portuguese).
>
>We've learned some kinds of structure like: Lists,Trees and Graphs
>using variable pointers in PASCAL.
>
>So, i HAVE to load the entire txt file to the memory using some type of
>structure designed in pascal. What would be best to use? When
>searching, for each key pressed by the user, the program should show a
>list of 20 itens per page whith only music records starting with the
>typed characters. The user may search by title, album or singer.
>
>Could you tell me what would be the fastest structure and a quick pick
>on how to implement it?
>thank you all for the help.

     Do your own homework. I do not mind assisting someone with a homework problem, but I am not going to do someone else's homework.

     You will get a far better response if you post what you have worked out so far and ask for comments.

Sincerely,

Gene Wirchenko

Computerese Irregular Verb Conjugation:

     I have preferences.