Re: Multi-Currency in RDBMS: Integer, Decimal, Float.

From: LineVoltageHalogen <tropicalfruitdrops_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 7 Dec 2004 13:39:16 -0800

Jonathan, the documet to which I refered can be found at the link you provided, particularly:
http://ww2.hursley.ibm.com/decimal/decifaq1.html. When you say floating point decimal what do you mean? I was under the impression that the decimal type and float type are different? 1/10 = .10 in decimal world, 1/10 = .099999 in float point world, I could be wrong but I believe this is how things work within both Oracle and MSSQL. Floating point is an approximation and decimal is exact. I really appreciate your taking the time to answer my post, what you have provided has been a huge help with regards to resources. Regards, Louis Received on Tue Dec 07 2004 - 22:39:16 CET

Original text of this message