Re: Demo: Modelling Cost of Travel Paths Between Towns

From: Alan <alan_at_erols.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Dec 2004 10:18:58 -0500

"Neo" <neo55592_at_hotmail.com> wrote in message news:4b45d3ad.0412021532.3c592cf4_at_posting.google.com...
> > I have already done that, but, as usual, you ignore solutions to
problems
> > you only want solved by your "product".
>
> In contrast to XDb2's original query "SELECT %.age & %.name=john;",
> what you and Ed demonstrated was that your original query didn't work
> as new things needed to be represented, no matter how many times you
> updated your schema thus far. Let repeat the exercise. Please show
> your query to find things named john with age property ...

No. I already did- you just don't want to admit it or don't understand it. Either way, I would just be wasting my time. One of the basic properties of an RDBMS is that there can be underlying schema changes with no effect on existing code. I refer you to "Fundamentals of Database Systems", 3rd Edition, by Elmasri and Navathe, Page 9, section 1.3.2., "Insulation between Programs and Data, and Data Abstraction". It is all explained there in a few sentences. Received on Fri Dec 03 2004 - 16:18:58 CET

Original text of this message