Re: Demo: Modelling Cost of Travel Paths Between Towns

From: Neo <neo55592_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 2 Dec 2004 16:04:16 -0800

> > ... the thread title "Database planning - Hierarchical Problem"...
> > Also, I would like to see a complete/fullDeveloped DBMS's
> > equivalent of [XDb2's] sample queries.
>
> Why? It's just standard SQL. There's nothing tricky about it.

Then how difficult could it be for you to post the standard SQL that performs the equivalent of XDb2's queries (allowing each person to have various properties, classifications, etc). Example query shown below:

// Find person who is a doctor and engineer,
// whose boss is someone whose employee is republican.
// Finds donna.

SELECT %.cls=person & %.profession=doctor & %.profession=engineer & %.boss=(%.employee=(%.party=republican));

Then we can further compare if the initial queries continue to work as new things are represented. Received on Thu Dec 02 2004 - 18:04:16 CST