Re: The MySQL/PHP pair

From: robert <gnuoytr_at_rcn.com>
Date: 30 Oct 2004 11:47:39 -0700

Kenneth Downs <firstinit.lastname_at_lastnameplusfam.net> wrote in message news:<6oqqlc.8nm.ln_at_mercury.downsfam.net>... <snip>

> I just wonder if we have been unfair to MySQL.

"we" haven't. this is comp.databases.theory. until recently (and even then, at extra cost??) MySql had no transaction support, much less triggers, stored procs., etc.

it is, however, a blindingly fast file system surrogate; accessible through SQL. if you're doing mostly reads, and can afford to support updating in your code, then it's not a bad deal.

whether anyone who follows this group falls into that category, uuuum.

BobTheDataBaseBoy Received on Sat Oct 30 2004 - 20:47:39 CEST

Original text of this message