Re: By The Dawn's Normal Light

From: Laconic2 <laconic2_at_comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2004 08:54:39 -0400

"Dawn M. Wolthuis" <dwolt_at_tincat-group.comREMOVE> wrote in message news:clpg83$28d$1_at_news.netins.net...

> Yes, it could, but when querying data I would want to retrieve information
> that is given in words. Asking for all films that include Brad Pitt would
> be a search against words related to the video, not to the bytes in the
> video value.

Why?

Why wouldn't you want to do a search that says to retrieve all films that include this guy: <jpeg of Brad Pitt>?

This isn't such a silly example. If you have a webcam at the airport, and a database of pictures of dangerous enemies like Cat Stevens ;-), this is exactly what you want. Received on Thu Oct 28 2004 - 14:54:39 CEST

Original text of this message