Re: By The Dawn's Normal Light

From: Bill H <wphaskett_at_THISISMUNGEDatt.net>
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2004 21:47:06 GMT

Laconic:

"Laconic2" <laconic2_at_comcast.net> wrote in message news:uOWdnSjceKczXOPcRVn-ig_at_comcast.com...

> "Bill H" <wphaskett_at_THISISMUNGEDatt.net> wrote in message
> > Jeeze, and to think, all I'm looking for is what works and doesn't take
me
> > 3 IT staff to keep it going. :-)
>
> So hire only one. But hire the right one.

It's funny you should mention this as I was just having a conversation with the owner of a company that employees 8 programming staff to maintain their application and 2 staff to maintain their small development infrastructure. He told me he can't afford to take the time to find the "right" one. So, he settles on standards (hardware/software) and a certain amount of mediocrity and goes from there.

Then again, sometimes the "right" one isn't easily recognized. :-)

Bill Received on Wed Oct 27 2004 - 23:47:06 CEST

Original text of this message