Re: By The Dawn's Normal Light

From: erk <eric.kaun_at_pnc.com>
Date: 27 Oct 2004 10:57:05 -0700

Strange - I just don't use lists much. Even in Java. My interfaces and methods typically take a Collection or Iterator, and so I get the order as defined by the collection I'm passed. I can produce ordered lists (yes, I know it's redundant) on demand, using Comparators. I do use ORDER BY in SQL, primarily for reporting, not logic.

So in my experience, functions and relations and even sets have higher power-to-weight ratios than lists... and if I'm not going to wants sets "wired into" relational, I'm not going to want lists either.

Again, all from my experience alone... no formal arguments here... - erk Received on Wed Oct 27 2004 - 19:57:05 CEST

Original text of this message