Re: By The Dawn's Normal Light

From: Laconic2 <laconic2_at_comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2004 08:47:01 -0400

"Bill H" <wphaskett_at_THISISMUNGEDatt.net> wrote in message news:zuzfd.319516$D%.9596_at_attbi_s51...
> Laconic:
>
> I think you're understanding of these descriptions is, as usual, accurate.
> As such, my analysis tends to originate from the subject (not the best
place
> when speaking with those who describe the SQL table as, simply,
"correct").
> :-)

I once had to help a failry good analyst "come up to speed" on SQL. The hard part wasn't teaching him the SQL. The hard part was getting him to learn this stuff without LOSING the ability he already had to grasp the business needs!

People who "think in SQL", like me, are thinking about the solution, or the potential solution. Analysis requires thnking about the problem! That is why I like ER so much. It gets me away from DB design issues, and back to fundamental requirements issues. Received on Wed Oct 27 2004 - 14:47:01 CEST

Original text of this message