Re: By The Dawn's Normal Light

From: Laconic2 <laconic2_at_comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2004 08:19:42 -0400

"Dawn M. Wolthuis" <dwolt_at_tincat-group.comREMOVE> wrote in message news:clkdk6$abl$1_at_news.netins.net...

> ABSOLUTELY!! OK, so who in the database world thinks that there is
anything
> useful in talking about data in 1NF? Are we ready to ditch it completely
> and talk about data in 2NF & 3NF without requiring them in the meaningless
> 1NF first? --dawn

I am ready to talk about this. I have been for months.

But please, please, PLEASE don't use the terms 2NF and 3NF to name these new normal forms. Make up new names for them, like "Dawn Normal Form", and "Daylight Normal Form". Otherwise, we'll go down the same rat hole we went down with "relation" vs. "relation" or "logical table" vs "physical table". We just don't need the distraction. Received on Tue Oct 26 2004 - 14:19:42 CEST

Original text of this message