Re: By The Dawn's Normal Light

From: Dawn M. Wolthuis <dwolt_at_tincat-group.comREMOVE>
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2004 21:35:42 -0500

> > What is your definition of barbeque? --dawn
>
> It's interesting you should mention that. For me, growing up in
> California, barbeque is either 1) the tangy tomato-based sauce
> you put on meat or 2) the grill you cook the meat on.
>
> But for my wife's family, from North Carolina, barbeque is the
> *meat* after it's been marinated in something *vinegar-based*
> and cooked. World of difference.

Yes, I found out what real barbeque was when I lived in Durham, NC and then again recently when my daughter and son-in-law moved to Kansas City -- and there is a HUGE difference between those two examples of the correct definition of barbeque. You drink a co-cola with the former and pop with the latter.

> Of course, "tomato-based" is more mathematically correct.

I've never seen a mathematically correct definition. Theorem, yes, but definition, no. But, yes, God intended barbeque to be tomato-based and data to be in NFNF. cheers! --dawn