Re: By The Dawn's Normal Light

From: Alfredo Novoa <alfredo_at_ncs.es>
Date: 25 Oct 2004 19:33:24 -0700

"Dawn M. Wolthuis" <dwolt_at_tincat-group.comREMOVE> wrote in message news:<clk0eh$1vs$1_at_news.netins.net>...

> But definitions in mathematics do differ from one person to the next.

Of course not. Prime numbers are the same for everybody.

> could you provide me your mathematical definition of relation

A subset of the product of n sets.

> and 1NF?

A property of the relations that consists in that the elements of a set are elements of a set.

> I have one for relation, but not one that is mathematically sound
> for 1NF.

1NF is redundant and supefluous.

> I'd have to agree with others that definitions are useful or not

Unuseful does not mean incorrect. The concept of 1NF is unuseful.

>What is your definition of
> barbeque?

It is a word that probably comes from the natives of Hispaniola and it is a grill used to cook meat or fish outdoors. It is also used for the food cooked on that grill, and the name of a sauce.

Regards Received on Tue Oct 26 2004 - 04:33:24 CEST

Original text of this message