Re: By The Dawn's Normal Light

From: Paul <paul_at_test.com>
Date: Sun, 24 Oct 2004 13:29:13 +0100

Marshall Spight wrote:
> There is also no broad agreement for a definition of "atomic value."

I see a fairly clear definition:

A value is atomic (with respect to a system) iff that value has no internal structure from the point of view of that system.

Of course it may have structure from the point of view of another system, but atomicity is a relative concept.

This seems to be how most people here see it, unless I'm misreading things (very likely!). I don't see much disagreement on this point.

I guess the next problem is what exactly do we mean by a "system"...

Paul. Received on Sun Oct 24 2004 - 14:29:13 CEST

Original text of this message