Re: Call for an API standard for SQL statements

From: Alfredo Novoa <anovoa_at_ncs.es>
Date: Sun, 24 Oct 2004 04:27:01 +0200

On 22 Oct 2004 22:20:32 -0700, fredrik_bertilsson_at_passagen.se (Fredrik Bertilsson) wrote:

>> I agree, the programming languages change a lot more often than the
>> DBMSs. I have seen a project with six or seven programming language
>> changes but it always used Oracle.
>
>I strongly disagree. I have seen many customer request for database
>vendor indepent applications. Most major ERP vendors have multiple
>database vendor support. Only if you make custom tailored
>applications, you can accept being tied to one database vendor.

Well, I agree with you about the "to sell in a box" products. The project I mentioned was of course a custom tailored system.

The problem with most ERP products is that they don't take full advantage on the DBMSs they use.

Regards Received on Sun Oct 24 2004 - 04:27:01 CEST

Original text of this message