Re: By The Dawn's Normal Light

From: Dawn M. Wolthuis <dwolt_at_tincat-group.comREMOVE>
Date: Sat, 23 Oct 2004 13:08:36 -0500

"Laconic2" <laconic2_at_comcast.net> wrote in message news:65qdnVS_1cUAEufcRVn-vw_at_comcast.com...

> "Dawn M. Wolthuis" <dwolt_at_tincat-group.comREMOVE> wrote in message
>
> > You never end up showing some fully normalized (by yesterday's SQL-92
> > version) data structures nor even talking in those terms.
>
> And neither do I. That is why I use the ER model to communicate with
people
> during analysis.
>
> Why should they have to know or care about normalization?
>
> > Hey, I've learned quite a bit from you and others here -- you make it
> sound
> > like I have my heals dug in and that is not the case. I'm on a search,
> but
> > I can't be snowed by high sounding theories. I've weathered the past as
> you
> > have and figure that my intuition has a lot of experience built into it,
> so
> > I'm not discounting it either. smiles. --dawn
> >
> Well... there are several times when I've tried to share the benefit of my
> experience with you, only to have you come back with a defensive reaction
> about how many years you worked in this or that capacity, and how many
> teams you managed, and all that. You may have thought you were defending
> against my discounting of your exprience, but your tone strongly
suggested
> that you had discounted my experience.

Sorry about that, Mr. Laconic2 -- I typically respond quickly and I'm sure that as is the case with e-mails, that what I'm thinking and what a reader is thinking could be entirely different. I'll try to be more careful. If I stop learning in this forum, I'll stop writing -- it is my primary purpose here. And you are among my favorite contributors. smiles. --dawn Received on Sat Oct 23 2004 - 20:08:36 CEST

Original text of this message