Re: By The Dawn's Normal Light

From: Marshall Spight <mspight_at_dnai.com>
Date: Sat, 23 Oct 2004 15:31:34 GMT

"Laconic2" <laconic2_at_comcast.net> wrote in message news:iMOdncX2X68wmOTcRVn-2g_at_comcast.com...

> As I said to Marshall, I'm prepared to retreat to a standard definition if
> there is one.

There is no broad agreement for a definition of 1NF. My suspicion is that this is a symptom of their being no useful concept therein.

There is also no broad agreement for a definition of "atomic value." Here I suspect even more strongly that the concept is empty. Performing multiple *operations* atomically has a very clear meaning, though.

Marshall Received on Sat Oct 23 2004 - 17:31:34 CEST

Original text of this message