Re: The fable of DEMETRIUS, CONSTRAINTICUS, and AUTOMATICUS

From: Kenneth Downs <firstinit.lastname_at_lastnameplusfam.net>
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2004 19:15:54 -0400

Laconic2 wrote:

> Anyway, back to DA. It strikes me, from reading your earlier messages
> that
> your "data dictionary tool" has much of the same flavor as DA. That's why
> recommended it to your attention. You might get some ideas from it that
> could influence the direction you take.
>
> Example: the PDM supports domains, even if the target DBMS does not.
> That
> way, DA "knows" that two columns are based on the same domain, even if
> Oracle doesn't "know" the same fact. Interesting, no?

Yes. The idea of supporting a feature independently of a particular vendor is a good thing. But I won't be able to comment much more on DA for at least a few days, until I get some stuff done here to pay some bills.

--
Kenneth Downs
Use first initial plus last name at last name plus literal "fam.net" to