Re: By The Dawn's Normal Light

From: Laconic2 <laconic2_at_comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2004 09:15:19 -0400

"Ja Lar" <jalar_at_nomail.com> wrote in message news:clalor$po7$1_at_news.net.uni-c.dk...

> A RELATION is, by definition, in 1NF.

Again, do Date&Darwen agree with this?

> But if you like: "a table represents a set if any two rows are distinct"

Agreed, except for "set" vs. "relations". I was tossing up whether to make this the definition, or the point about keys.

The only thing I would change is:

"A table represents a relation if any two rows are distinct."

If it help keep the layers straight, I'm all for it. Keeping the layers straight was my motivation for saying, "A table represents a relation" instead of "A table IS a relation." Received on Fri Oct 22 2004 - 15:15:19 CEST

Original text of this message