Re: Call for an API standard for SQL statements

From: Paul <paul_at_test.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2004 20:23:13 +0100

Fredrik Bertilsson wrote:

>>What's wrong with the SQL Standard on the subject?

> I am not talking about replacing SQL. I am talking about an object
> model for representing SQL statements.

What about a relational model for representing SQL statements, for that matter? Maybe you'd need a hierarchy to allow for nested subqueries, which would mean second-order logic though? Something to think about, anyway.

If there's one for the DDL, or at least some of it (system tables), why not one for DML as well?

Paul. Received on Wed Oct 20 2004 - 21:23:13 CEST

Original text of this message