Re: The fable of DEMETRIUS, CONSTRAINTICUS, and AUTOMATICUS

From: Kenneth Downs <firstinit.lastname_at_lastnameplusfam.net>
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2004 08:09:12 -0400

Marshall Spight wrote:

> "Kenneth Downs" <firstinit.lastname_at_lastnameplusfam.net> wrote in message

>> Alan wrote:
>>
>> <snip>
>>
>> > And I suppose Demetrius would follow Automaticus off of a cliff while
>> > Constrainticus points out the warning sign...
>>
>> Nope, first Constrainticus would point out that is is an Abomination to
>> quote an entire usenet posting just to add a two line reply.

> Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! That's exactly what I was thinking!
> I guess I'm Constrainticus. Except I was baptised "Demetrius."
> Seriously.

I was waiting for somebody to point out that my names are in Latin form, not Greek, but what the heck.

Demetrius I took from Midsummer's Night Dream, which I can almost still quote, "Or if there were a sympathy in choice, war death or sickness did lay siege to it, making it momentany as a sound, swift as a shadow..."

Glad to finally meet a Demetrius!

--
Kenneth Downs
Use first initial plus last name at last name plus literal "fam.net" to