Re: The fable of DEMETRIUS, CONSTRAINTICUS, and AUTOMATICUS

From: Kenneth Downs <firstinit.lastname_at_lastnameplusfam.net>
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2004 17:49:22 -0400

Alan wrote:

<snip>

>> "DEMETRIUS:  Friend Constrainticus I see after this long journey that you
>> are quite knowledgeable.  In fact your knowledge has wearied me greatly,
>> though I have strained myself not.  I find I will avoid your company in

> the
>> future in favor of the company of Automaticus here, who is also
>> knowledgeable and yet whose company brings refreshment and comfort.  His

> is
>> a living knowledge truly, one that is expressed in action. "
>>

> And I suppose Demetrius would follow Automaticus off of a cliff while
> Constrainticus points out the warning sign...

Nope, first Constrainticus would point out that is is an Abomination to quote an entire usenet posting just to add a two line reply. Automaticus on the other hand would simply snip the post first before replying.

--
Kenneth Downs
Use first initial plus last name at last name plus literal "fam.net" to