Re: Nonproprietary file format for storing data in a relational database

From: Laconic2 <laconic2_at_comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 17 Oct 2004 07:47:01 -0400

Jesper,

PMFJI. In the best of all possible worlds, SAS provides a Java accessible port. But maybe this isn't the best of all possible worlds.

Maybe you have to settle for an "export" facility in SAS that will "serialize" and reformat the data for you. Then you turn around and read the exported data from your Java.

When I first started doing Oracle some ten years ago, they had a glorious data import facility, called SQL*loader. Easy to learn (for a professional). Easy to use. And fast.

They had no such data export facility. So I rolled my own. It was a good exercise for learning the Oracle dialect of SQL. Received on Sun Oct 17 2004 - 13:47:01 CEST

Original text of this message