Re: Relational Theory & the New Math

From: --CELKO-- <jcelko212_at_earthlink.net>
Date: 16 Oct 2004 07:37:55 -0700

Remember the Tom Lehrer song "New Math" from THAT WS THE WEEK THAT WAS?
>> I was teaching future teachers, and I was having some trouble
getting the basics of set theory across to them. When I read of a guessing game that uses blocks of different colors shapes and sizes, and three loops of strings that can be used to teach kindergarteners how to work with Venn diagrams, ... <<

I have a set of those colored foam shapes and I was going to use it for a "remedial SQL" class, but never got the chance :) Hey, it works for people who have trouble with abstractions. Received on Sat Oct 16 2004 - 16:37:55 CEST

Original text of this message