Re: Is there a GNU source of common data constructs?

From: Kenneth Downs <firstinit.lastname_at_lastnameplusfam.net>
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2004 15:01:20 -0400

Paul B wrote:

> Are there public domain definitions of tables, views, triggers etc. found
> in a common enterprise? Maybe in ANSI SQL script?
>
> I know the perfect db can vary from one business to another, but there are
> probably many similarities. 99.9% design considerations I face have been
> dealt with before, and many are probably better than what I would do. I
> don't want to re-invent the wheel when there are better wheel makers out
> there who have already rounded their wheel.

This I would love to find myself. I always figured if I could not find it I would end up publishing it someday :)

> Also.. there is an educational aspect to this. I could learn by exploring
> a well built database.
>
> I may download and dissect something like Compiere or GNUenterprise. But
> I'd really prefer web pages with table definitions that are under some
> form of public license.
>
> Anything like this out there?

The products you mention are open source and may contain definitions, but that is not their primary purpose. Are you looking for the data definitions or a complete application development system?

--
Kenneth Downs
Use first initial plus last name at last name plus literal "fam.net" to