Re: Dawn doesn't like 1NF

From: Dawn M. Wolthuis <dwolt_at_tincat-group.comREMOVE>
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2004 08:22:57 -0500

> > Sorry, Marshall -- spent an extended weekend out of state with daughter
and
> > son-in-law painting the rooms in the house they are building (too much
> > information, I know).
>
> Actually, I like the occasional personal touch. Newsgroups aren't
> simply discussion forums entirely devoid of a social aspect; they're
> populated by humans after all.

Yes, I agree.

> But that's just my opinion, as a 42 year old father of two, who had
> to stop in the middle of this post to read the first chapter of Winnie
> the Pooh to his five year old as a bedtime story.

Thanks for contributing that one. I love Winnie the Pooh as well as bedtime reading to kids (which I miss now).

> Marshall

I'll add another personal tidbit then -- I took a break from teaching (non-database courses) a couple of weekends ago to think about databases at the start of an IBM DB2 conference in Las Vegas to facilitate an afternoon meeting. There are recent pictures at www.u2ug.org if you want a visual of this 48 year old wife & mother. In the absence of pictures, I invent my own for people, so I thought I'd clear up any inaccurate ones of me. I'm pretty much an average midwest mom (with an opinion about SQL-based DBMS's). Smiles! --dawn Received on Mon Oct 11 2004 - 15:22:57 CEST

Original text of this message