Re: 4 the FAQ: Are Commercial DBMS Truly Relational?

From: Gene Wirchenko <genew_at_mail.ocis.net>
Date: Sun, 10 Oct 2004 14:57:25 -0700

Kenneth Downs <firstinit.lastname_at_lastnameplusfam.net> wrote:

[snip]

>Next it was my turn to be astonished. I suggested to the supervisor that
>more effort go into the beginning of these programs, to ensure that they
>were correct, and that would eliminate a huge optimization effort
>afterwards. He did not agree.

     Another case of "There is never time to do it right, but there is always time to do it over." "never" and "always" make this statement just a bit too broad for me, but I wholeheartedly agree with the sentiment. I have to; I see all too many cases of it!

Sincerely,

Gene Wirchenko

Computerese Irregular Verb Conjugation:

     I have preferences.