Re: ncoa processing

From: Paul <paul_at_test.com>
Date: Sat, 09 Oct 2004 13:41:05 +0100

Kenneth Downs wrote:
>>i need to do list processing and found a site called
>>www.listadvantage.com . Has anyone heard of them? the site looks good
>>and very easy to use, it also has a full online interface for a self
>>service which i like. this is my first time doing this process, anyone
>>have some feedback or exp for me?

> Normally posts like this are disguised advertisements.  Are you advertising
> that you are a licensed NCOA processor?  Last I heard they were not giving
> out more licenses.  Are you willing to risk that valuable license with
> false posts?

A WHOIS for listadvantage.com gives:

    Administrative Contact:

       Adlman, Evan  evan_at_parkavemedia.com
       Park Avenue Media
       99 Park Avenue
       #346A
       New York, New York 10016
       United States
       2128683384

and the original post was from eadlman_at_yahoo.com

So I think that is fairly conclusive proof that this is astroturfing spam and that everyone should avoid listadvantage.com and their shitty service. You'd think the very least they would do is sign up for a throwaway email address first. Not exactly a good advertisement for them if they can't even do this right!

Unless of course it's a "joe-job" by one of their competitors, but I doubt it.

Paul. Received on Sat Oct 09 2004 - 14:41:05 CEST

Original text of this message