Re: Specifying all biz rules in relational data

From: Anne & Lynn Wheeler <lynn_at_garlic.com>
Date: Sun, 03 Oct 2004 17:32:28 -0600

"Laconic2" <laconic2_at_comcast.net> writes:
> When I first learned HTML, it reminded me for all the world of DEC RUNOFF.
> Except for the hyperlinks. Those reminded me of pointers in network
> databases.

runoff was done on ctss. later some of the ctss people went to the 5th floor, 545 tech sq to work on multics, others went to 4th floor, 545 tech sq to the science center
http://www.garlic.com/~lynn/subtopic.html#545tech

runoff from ctss programmer's guide
http://mit.edu/Saltzer/www/publications/AH.9.01.html

mentions runoff done on ctss

http://www.multicians.org/thvv/7094.html
http://web.mit.edu/afs/athena.mit.edu/user/other/a/Saltzer/www/publications/PSN-40.html
http://portal.acm.org/citation.cfm?id=888948

at the science center, stu madnick implemented "script" command for cms which supported runoff-like syntax.

later, after gml was invented at the science center .... gml-tag support was added to the cms script processor.