Re: Some Laws [OT]

From: Marshall Spight <mspight_at_dnai.com>
Date: Sun, 03 Oct 2004 23:10:33 GMT

"Laconic2" <laconic2_at_comcast.net> wrote in message news:Cs6dnUrbgf5z4P3cRVn-hg_at_comcast.com...

> "--CELKO--" <jcelko212_at_earthlink.net> wrote in message
>
> > But this generation seems to have an unwillingness to read theory,
> > specially in SQL where it is very much part of the foundations.
> > Actually, they don't even read the manuals before they post.
>
> Video games cause ADHT.

Actually, some researchers believe that video games can *cure* ADHD. (Assuming you really meant ADHD and not some other four letter acronym I nor Google recognize.)

And why do we qualify this with "this generation." What evidence do we have that people of our parents' generation just loved theory? It is very easy to believe that things are heading downhill and that each generation is inferior to the previous; Plato thought so. But in fact, the reverese is true.

Marshall Received on Mon Oct 04 2004 - 01:10:33 CEST

Original text of this message